Wednesday, April 30, 2014

INSPIRATION

Britt Bass- He & I Print
Have you ever seen something- a photograph, a painting, or something in nature even- that immediately inspired you?

Well that happened to me recently. I have been following the career of Britt Bass Turner for awhile now, and I think she is one of the more inspiring artist (to me anyways). I saw one of her pieces, and decided I should make one of my very own.

One of the things I love most about her work is how she layers her pieces. I also love her use of color, her lack of formality, and her use of shape and line- every time I see one of her pieces, I get inspired to make something of my own.

So- as I am sure you can guess, I did just that. This is the START of my attempt at a painting (inspired by Mrs. Bass Turner- keep in mind the layers thing). Don't judge too quickly (or harshly, please), it is only day one.

The Beginning

What inspires you?

Do you see things and immediately want to make something of your own?

Has anything caught your eye lately?









No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...