Tuesday, October 14, 2014

PUMKIN PICKING: THE GREAT TRADITION

Every year we go to the local apple orchard and pick apples and pumpkins. This year being no different- we headed out on our pumpkin adventure- but we decided that we were going to enjoy the whole experience not just what we came for.

First things first- you need to get your hand stamped- so they know you're real for some fun!

Then we headed up the hill to check out the wood carver they have there every year. I have usually tried to avoid this part (so sawdust-y), but I'm really glad I checked it out. He was in the middle of carving a bear out of a mangled stump! I wish I could have taken a picture- but he had signs up asking no pictures while he was wielding the chainsaw- so I obliged and snapped a picture of these little cuties...

Next adventure is the the "Petamals Land"- which is a glorified petting zoo. You can pay a quarter and get a handful of feed and give it to the animals- but I like just watching. They are pretty funny- and all of the really young kids just love them! 



Onward! We take the hayride out to the pumpkin patch and try to find a good one... Always a challenge.


Moving on- we go to the apple orchard area which is split up in sections of different types of apples. We went for Regents and Honeycrisp. SOOO good!


Finally we check out- get an apple fritter and a pumpkin donut for the road- and enjoy our spoils! There is also a cornmaze- and I've heard great things/ but after a bad experience as a kid- I usually stay away.

How was your weekend? Any pumpkin or apple picking?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...