Thursday, June 5, 2014

PINTEREST ROUND-UP: BASIL RECIPES

Seeing that lovely picture of basil that Sina posted to our Instagram feed the other day inspired me to head over to Pinterest and pin my way to even more basil uses! I think I got a pretty well rounded sample of pins, everything from drinks to main courses to desert. Cooked and raw, basil is pretty delicious no matter how you use it.

One of my roommates also made this fantastic basil pesto a few nights ago.

Accompanied by a delightful and refreshing watermelon and cantaloupe salad with a mint and basil dressing. (Both of which made the board below. Not our original creations, but the Pins we used to make them.)

And you have got to use it regularly, for the sake of the plants, so they keep on growing! My little plant that I posted pictures of the other day is already getting a little overgrown. I found this helpful YouTube video that provides detailed instructions on the best way to harvest basil from your plant, to keep from killing it while encouraging growth.

 
 
So check out all of these great recipe ideas on our Pinterest page, and let us know how they work out!
Follow You Me Oui Blog's board BASIL RECIPES on Pinterest.
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...