Monday, September 15, 2014

CRAFTY WEEKEND RECAP

Hey all,

I had a very quiet and relaxing weekend, which allowed me to catch up on a few things, while starting some others. I don't have photos of most of it, but here are some ideas for the upcoming weekends, as we approach Halloween and have more indoor time to get those crafts made.

So to start with, I helped a friend who is running the California Ragnar race next weekend, make her Wonder Woman costume. We modeled it after this costume, and were able to find pretty much everything needed at Joann Fabrics. Splurged a bit on the gold belt material and lasso, but other than that got out for around $20, and a pretty high quality get up that she can even reuse for Halloween.


I also did a trial run of a craft that we are going to be doing for a revival of our craft night that we tried to start last year. My trial run went great. I used an Xacto knife to cut up the animals (they pretty much sawed right in half with a little muscle) and some acrylic paint for the board. I also purchased some craft glue on the cheap from a garage sale yesterday which did quite nicely for gluing the animals on. You can look forward to a full tutorial on this project sometime next week. And depending on our successes, it could result in our very first giveaway!


Lastly, I bought an ice cream mixer at said garage sale. But I had some minor technical difficulties (I know, surprising no one...) so I didn't get to finish the recipe yet. But I started making this delicious looking Reese's peanut butter cup ice cream. To be finished when I can figure some stuff out this week. I can't wait!



Get up to anything fun this weekend? Let us know!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...