Thursday, September 25, 2014

SUPER SIMPLE VANILLA ICE CREAM

Tonight we had a little impromptu birthday party for one of my roommates. There was going to be cake, so I decided since I got my fancy new ice cream maker at a thrift store (for 5 dollars!!) I would throw together this super easy vanilla ice cream recipe.


I'd already tried this recipe and it didn't exactly go as planned, but it meant I had some leftover whole milk and heavy cream. Perfect for another attempt at making ice cream!



The main reason I chose this recipe is because it involves no eggs and no cooking, and I already had all of the ingredients. I only had 1.25 cups of whole milk, however. So I divided 1.25 by 2, and multiplied the rest of the ingredients by .63 (I rounded to 2/3). 




Reviews were very positive, and I'm dealing with a fairly critical bunch. For a simple ice cream that involved fake vanilla flavoring, it complimented the various cupcakes we had quite nicely. 

Tips or tricks for a good and affordable homemade vanilla ice cream? I need suggestions!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...