Tuesday, September 9, 2014

ONE CABLE MITTS KNITTING PROJECT

That pesky 30x30 is nipping at my heels. I did a formal count the other day, and have officially crossed off 11 of the items, with another 3 in the works. To spur me along, I got started on yet another  one of the easier tasks over the weekend. 
Knittin' season
I know Sina hates that I think it's fall already, but when I've done my fantasy football draft, and officially had a lazy Sunday afternoon watching the game, that's when I know fall has arrived. But I don't like just watching football, I need something to busy myself, and taking up that pesky knitting project on my 30x30 seemed just the way to pass the time. Now, I've knit a couple other things in the past, but they usually were a lone mitten (I lose steam after one), or a hat barely big enough for a baby. (I'm a pretty tight knitter.)



To my delight I very quickly found this simple and small pattern, which I'm still working on, but wanted to show you. I'll have at least one finished product by the weekend if all goes according to plan, and if it looks good that will encourage me to make the other. The pattern is FREE! Which is always awesome, and relatively easy to follow. It's categorized as "advanced beginner" and I would consider that accurate. 

Although you can't see the cabling in the picture, it is on the inside of this mitt, and it's looking pretty good. I'm really looking forward to being able to turn it right side out. But I'm kind of nervous about completing the thumb... 
The halfway point. More or less...
Anyone else starting a fun knitting project? Any tips? I chose the gray so that it would match pretty much everything. Would you try a brighter color like the pattern suggests?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...