Friday, September 5, 2014

A DRINK + A CRAFT


For this lovely September Friday I've got a tasty drink, and a super simple craft. As you know, I'm working on preparing a fancy dinner party, so the other night I finally got around to making the holders for the name cards that will be at each place setting. I think they turned out pretty well, and will go nicely with the napkins I dip dyed last week with Sina.


Basically I just bought some pine cones at Michael's. (Yes, I did buy them. Yes, you can find them in nature, especially in Minnesota. They were less than $2 for 10 of them and it saved me the time spent trying to find them in the wild as well as any cleaning I would have to do.) Basically, paint all the tips with some acrylic paints, I used 2 coats just to be sure they looked their best. Let dry, of course.

A great craft requires the pairing of a great drink. As you all know, I've also been working to try to perfect the mojito, and make it a bit creative, and I think I've found a winner. I made this peach basil lemonade earlier in the summer, and was inspired to use the peach in my mojito as well. I halved this recipe, and it worked pretty great. As usual, the mint can get in the way a bit, but we weren't using straws.

What do you think? Have time for a craft and a drink this weekend?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...