Thursday, May 8, 2014

QUOTATION INSPIRATION

We worked pretty hard to come up with a name for this blog that expressed what we stood for without limiting our potential topics. And let me tell you, it wasn't easy. I googled everything I could think of that might offer the key to a successful blog name. Suddenly I found myself looking up everything from classic book titles to sayings and puns, and quotes from books and art. Very quickly I learned that the most "quotable quotes" have been thoroughly exhausted, and that as much as I love the late great Bob Ross, his quotes just don't lend themselves to snappy blog titles. (I also learned that the www.goodreads.com website is a treasure trove when looking for literary quotes, but definitely double check your sources.)

HOWEVER, the greatest thing about looking all of these wise words up was that I was inspired by so much of what I found. As I read all those quotes I thought about art, life, the books these authors wrote, memories that surfaced as I read the quotes. At the end of all this research, not only did we have a title, but I was ready to dig in and start doing some writing. In short, it was exactly what I needed at the inception of this blog - INSPIRATION. 

And now I'd like to pass some of that inspiration on to you. Bob Ross included. Please enjoy:

"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I will tell you: I am here to live out loud." - Emile Zola

"Art is what you can get away with." - Andy Warhol

"We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents." - Bob Ross

"Results? Why, man, I have gotten lots of results! If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is often a step forward." - Thomas Edison

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - J.K. Rowling

"Art and love are the same thing: It's the process of seeing yourself in things that aren't you." - Chuck Klosterman

Ok everyone, now go out and be inspired! Take a look back at Monday's cubicle decoration advice, print a couple of these off, glue them to some construction paper or whatever you've got floating around that desk of yours, and pin them up!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...