Monday, July 21, 2014

HARRY POTTER: LOOKING BACK


So this past weekend some friends and I participated in a Harry Potter themed pub quiz, first prize being a fair amount of money. As a result, we studied quite heavily. We divided up the books, and all watched as many of the movies as we could make time for. Consequently I've got POTTER on the BRAIN! Even though the quiz is over. It struck me today that doing an entry about HP could be a great way for me to decompress and reminisce with a wider audience.

Because, in case anyone has forgotten, Harry Potter was a truly brilliant series. I've never been very into the extra information J.K. Rowling has divulged outside of the series, regarding the backgrounds of the characters or other personal details. I'm a bit of a purist in that way. However, if you are interested in that, there is the Pottermore website, which does include a new short story that I mentioned a couple weeks ago (but admittedly still haven't read).

Rachel Dratch as Harry was everything
So to avoid saying too much, I'm just going to share a bunch of Harry Potter stuff I've found and I'm loving lately. A brief look online can show you that there is an overwhelming amount of stuff out there, but this stuff is a little more subtle and clever, in my opinion. I also heartily recommend going back and watching all of the movies (and read the books) because the kids were adorable, and the books were even funnier than I remembered. Enjoy!

Adorably clever keyring

Bookmarks, so cute!

If I ever have a child

They just look so comfy

Because fun pint glasses are the best

Ok, I'll lay off the Harry Potter for now, but thank you all for coming along for the ride! Have a great day!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...