Monday, August 4, 2014

BOOK CLUB: CALL THE MIDWIFE

Hello all, and happy Monday!

Since we had so much fun with it last month, today we're announcing our second book club pick! It's my choice this time around, so I thought it would be fun to read Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth. If you haven't heard of this book, you may have heard of the BBC TV series based off of the book (which airs on PBS). I have seen the show, but I have yet to read the book. I had a couple friends read it and they really enjoyed it (even one friend who has read maybe 3 books in his adult life).

I'm particularly interested in seeing the differences between her real memoir, and the television recreation. I know I can expect some probably significant changes between the two, but I'm excited to see how they compare, and how the real memoirs played out.

This books contains a pretty good cast of characters, and gives an inside look into a time and experience we don't spend much time thinking about (being a poor British person in the 1950s). So I, for one, am very excited to get going on this pick, and get a discussion started with our review at the end of the month.

Any ideas or suggestions for upcoming picks? We're always looking for a new book or author to get into!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...