Friday, August 8, 2014

IT'S FRIDAY AND I AM:

READING:


Well, of course I'm reading our latest book club pick, Call the Midwife. But I'm also just about to start a book for my local public book club (Books and Bars) called The Devil's Snake Curve. It's about baseball. I like watching baseball on occasion, but I've been putting this one off, for fear that it won't grab me like some of the others. I'd also rather read Call the Midwife :)





WATCHING:
Via
Summer can be a bleak time for American television, but it's also a great time to dip into those shows you always wanted to watch but never did, and can now binge on thanks to Netflix. I don't have any of those shows right now, but I am, as ever, keeping up with Pretty Little Liars.

Also recently some friends and I started binge watching a British show called Playing It Straight (there is an American season as well, we might watch it, but after the freedom of British TV censorship, we're afraid it might disappoint). Anyway, if you're fortunate enough to live in the UK, you can watch it on Channel 4 (or 4OD). And if you, like us, are not that fortunate, it's all on the Youtubes.

LISTENING TO:
                               Via
So much Mika these days. The weather has been perfect for rolling the windows down and really belting it out. Mika delivers so many fun poppy dance songs that will get you all the way through rush hour. Promise.






LOVING:
Via
Biking to work! I did it twice this week, and it was much easier than I thought it would be. And I feel less like I exercised since I was doing it in the time it took me to get to work. Brilliant. I also thought biking during mid-day in the summer would be a nightmare, but thanks to these mild summers, it's not so bad. If you can do it, I'd highly recommend it! 








LOOKING FORWARD TO: 
Via
I'll be doing/observing a significant amount of "crafting" this weekend. Now, sometimes I think that word has some slightly negative connotations, but lemme tell you what I'll be up to. Saturday I'm going to be mostly supervising some paper based crafts, initiated by a friend who thought she didn't even like crafting. But we got her on Pinterest, and now there's no stopping here. We'll probably be making these or these.

Then on Sunday, it will be Team YouMeOui tackling the napkins for my 30x30 fancy dinner party (which is now scheduled for September), dip-dye style. I think there will be many other things Sina also wants to dip dye, so we will have a full day of fun. I was going to inject a "die"/"dye" pun in there, but couldn't quite get there. Either way, exciting!

Anything you've come across and are just dying (did I get it?) to share?? We'd love to hear about it! Otherwise, have a great weekend!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...