Thursday, August 14, 2014

WINDOW FRAME WALL ART INSPIRATION

Earlier this week a friend of mine consulted my advice on an art project she wants to add to her bedroom, incorporating some old salvaged windows that she found. I am always game for some multimedia artwork, so I was happy to lend my advice (with the might of Pinterest behind me).

I was tasked with finding options for affixing the frames to the wall (or not, since they're quite heavy) as well as solutions for painting and filling the frames. I'm still not sure which direction we're going to take it, but all of the following were inspiration for what's to come, which will surely be a future post!

These can all be found on our blog's Pinterest page as well, along with other great DIY inspiration.

Have any of you worked with window frames as wall art? Did you learn any lessons? Any advice? They're quite heavy, so do we dare hang them? Or artistically lean them on top of the dresser like vanity mirrors? We're debating the merits of refinishing the wood, or repainting a basic white, or something more bold and dramatic.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...