Wednesday, August 6, 2014

BANANA MUFFINS

Today I've got a fantastic banana bread recipe for you all! I'll admit, when it comes to banana bread or banana muffins, I'm quite picky. I rarely buy it at coffee shops because it's often tainted by the lemon flavored items in the case. And if I make it myself I never add nuts. I'm a purist.

Anyway, this recipe is actually my mom's, or maybe her mom's, I'm not even sure. It's simple and delicious and just the best. I don't have too many photos of the process for this one, since it's incredibly straight forward, but I did take a couple so you can see how great they look!





As a note I did make muffins instead of bread, but this recipe is perfect for either, I just didn't have time for the bread.

Now let's get started:

INGREDIENTS:

3 bananas
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter or shortening or margerine
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbps sour milk (if you don't have sour milk use regular milk and ¼ tsp of vinegar to make it sour)

2 cups flour

½ tsp of salt

Those pesky frozen bananas

 INSTRUCTIONS:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the bananas into a large mixing bowl.
Once all ingredients are combined, peel those gross cold bananas and plop them into the bowl on top. I suppose if you wanted you could cut them first, but I never do.
Fold bananas into the mixture. For this you can use a mixer to make sure the bananas are well incorporated, but they combine quickly so don't mix too long.
Grease the muffin tin or bread tin you're using, and fill about two thirds full with batter.

For muffins my mom says to bake 10-12 minutes, these took me about 16. Depends on your oven.
For bread, it's about 45-60 but watch it carefully so as not to burn the bottom.

On the cooling rack

 Once you're finished, there's nothing left to do but eat them! Bring them as a snack to work or have them for breakfast. They're perfect at all times of the day!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...